pmsl

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Paranoid Two Step.

I live in a numinous,
Magical universe.
Not so much alternative reality,
More a slightly different perspective.

Looking back,
From the other side of the nervous breakdown.
Like an acid trip,
Taken too much,
Too soon,
Too often,
And never returned from across the line,
Without popping a single pill.

My mind is continually on,
Listening,
Recording,
Puzzling.
Manipulating.

Pieces of notices metamorphosise,
Into hybrid mutant children.
The Lizard on the ground turns to wood,
In the corner of an eye.
The shape of someone’s hair,
Reminds me of you again.

There are balloons in the dog shit on the pavement.
Is there someone going round,
Putting balloons in dog shit on purpose?
Or was the shit in the balloon and it burst?
Do they sell balloons with dog shit in them?
Put the balloons down and step away from the dog shit with your hands up.

The hole in the road is covered.
My foot step echoes as I cross.
And from beneath,
The words,
“Keep the noise down mate!”
There are people living under the road in my street.
Billy goat gruff!

Nam-myoho-renge-kyo,
Evangelical Buddhists chant!
Not just an oxymoron,
But an antithesis,
Evangelical Buddhists.

The girl at the door says,
“It was under the fish stool”
And it starts again.
Does the fish have a stool?
Is the stool fish shaped?
Is it in the tank?
Or under it?
Is the stool covered with fish?
Did the fish make the stool?
Put the fish down and step away from the stool Simon!

I watch the patterns making,
And unmaking themselves.
I think of a film,
And there it is on the television.
I think of a person,
And they get off the bus.
Why don’t I win the lottery when I want?
So long alone in the darkened garden waiting,
When is the mother ship coming to take me home?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home