pmsl

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

And In The Darkness Find Me.

From dark,
To dark,
To dark,
Light burning in pools about each street lamp.
Crossed as must to reach the caress of the shadow.
An ill cobbled nail,
Sparks rhythmically as I walk,
Tap,
Tap,
Tap,
On the pavement.
Broken glass,
Diamond sparkling,
Strewn carelessly across the road.
Mute witness to previous nights mayhem.

First you will hear me.
Cloak billowing,
Ghost like,
Flitting from darkness to darkness.
Between the streetlights.
Ever conscious,
Ever watching.
Perched in the blackened alley ways.
Waiting.
Safe in the all consuming obsidian night.
Hunting for something to prey on,
Something oh so breakable.

No devils bond,
No Faustian deal,
No simple trade of soul for me.
My demons call to me,
In day,
In every waking hour,
In night,
In every dream,
Driving me to what I must do.
Again.

Amongst the rats and other vermin,
Sit I,
Who in Babylon,
Was bathed in warm virgins blood,
And worshiped as a god.

Finally the light I seek,
Beauty like a beacon shines,
Illuminating the world anew.
You are mine.
On the voices urge me.

The heady smell of your perfume,
On the thin night air.
The trace of your step,
The curve of your body,
You burn like an inferno.
Like my need for you.

I grab,
You scream.
But no-one comes running,
Anymore.
No-one heeds the plaintive cry,
In the night.

Your struggle amuses me,
In its in-effect-ual-ity.
“Don’t hurt me!”
You plead.
“But my dear,
What would be the point?”

My talons as sharp as surgeons knives.
My joy,
At the fear in your eyes.
The realisation,
The futility,

My claw,
Your neck,
One clean precise cut,
Severs artery,
Vein,
And windpipe.
Blood pumping wildly,
Warmly,
The taste on my lips.
Your final scream,
Drowning in your throat.

“Now to work!”
The voices say.

The ease with which your stomach splits.
Bowls steaming in the sudden cold.
The trophies of the kill,
Your womb,
Your nose,
Your ears,
Fit so easily,
Into my little doctors bag.

“Slash her face!”
They say.
“Make her pay for her beauty.”
Beautiful no more,
You lie,
In gore,
And blood,
And excrement.

My job done,
Once more into the night,
Into the dark,
From dark,
To dark,
To dark,
Light burning in pools about each street lamp.
Crossed as must to reach the caress of the shadow.
An ill cobbled nail,
Sparks rhythmically as I walk,
Tap,
Tap,
Tap.

“They made me do it!”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home